Hey my beautiful readers,
I just wanted to give you an update as to why I haven’t really been present on here for the past few days. I’m currently sitting in a strange old building, surrounded by cats, and waiting for my Chinese takeaway to arrive. My boyfriend and I are looking after his dad’s hotel at the moment so we’ve been pretty busy! Between crawling through windows when guest lock in all of their sets of keys, to feeding all of Kyle’s dad’s horses and cats, we’ve barely sat down!
I want to give a massive thank you to everyone who commented on my post about Kyle not getting into University, we were both amazed at all the support we got. You’re all wonderful! Kyle is now planning on taking a gap year and reapplying for University next year, and at least this allows him to pass his driving test before he goes to University.
Most of you will know by now I’m also going to University this year, and I’m actually starting this Sunday! I’ll be moving from my tiny little town in the countryside to the big city of London, and I am terrified! I’ve already spoken to the people I’ll be living with and they seem awesome! Plus, they’re so understanding about my social anxiety which I am so relieved about. I just wanted to warn you all that my posting may become less frequent when I start University, but I promise I’ll never forget about you!
Thank you so much for reading, and as always if you want to get in touch please email me!
P.S: You may be wondering why I used the word Unicorn in my title. To be honest, it’s mostly because it sounds good, but it’s also because my boyfriend and I were playing charades and I had to pretend to be a unicorn. Because we’re sophisticated adults like that! Oh dear, I’m never going to survive at Uni!
Yes, I swore. Fuck fuck fuck. I apologise for any offense caused but I couldn’t care less. I made a promise not to write posts while I’m angry but I make an acceptation for this. You know that post I wrote about Kyle getting into University? Well I might as well fucking delete it because guess what… they made a mistake. There was a computer error. The letter was sent by accident.
We told all our family and friend’s, we even told our old teacher’s who were so proud of him, we smiled at all the lovely comments from you beautiful people, and we went out for a romantic dinner to celebrate. Then we get a phone call today saying they give their “sincerest apologies” at their “mistake”. This is not a fucking mistake! That’s someone’s life! Do they even realise what Kyle has to deal with on a daily basis?! Autism, Dyslexia, ADHD. And even if he didn’t have to overcome all this, this is still someone’s future, someone’s emotions, that they’ve royally screwed over. So, thank you. You have officially made my boyfriend, the strongest person I know, feel like he is worthless. And that’s not okay. This is not okay.
We did it!! (Well, Kyle did it). As many of you know from my previous posts, my boyfriend Kyle has been struggling to get into University because his Dyslexia and Autism have stopped him getting a C in his English exam. Despite this, he managed to get 3 A grades in his Forensic Science course, and he got a B in Maths, and this has meant that finally he’s been excepted into University!! I’m beyond proud of him 🙂
Sorry this is such a short post, but I just had to share this with you all! He’s been through so much and finally people are realising how awesome he truly is 🙂
Thanks for reading!
I got nominated by Teenage Diary Online for the Q and A tag, so a big thank you to her!
Here’s the rules:
- Respond and rework. answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own. (I chose not to do a few because I couldn’t answer them or the answers would be too sad).
- What’s your current fashion obsession? Jeans, a geeky t-shirt, and converse. This has been the same since I was 11 years old 😛 Sorry, I’m just not into fashion!
- What are you wearing? Oooh, this is a bit saucy 😉 I am wearing my pyjamas and fluffy slippers. Not very sexy, sorry!
- Hair? I have fairly long, straight, blonde hair which I love!
- Morning go to? When I wake up it takes me forever to actually get out of bed, so I’ll just lay in bed and contemplate life for at least 20 minutes. Then I’ll check my emails and Facebook etc. then I’ll go get breakfast.
- Why is today special? Because I don’t have to work! My parents are on holiday, so for two weeks I don’t have to work with my dad delivering takeaway. So tonight I’m going to order one, because food always tastes so much better when someone else delivers it to you!
- What would you like to learn how to do? I would love to be able to speak a different language, but my brain just can’t!!
- What’s for dinner today? I’m having a day off cooking and my brother and I are going to order a Chinese takeaway 😛
- What are you listening to right now? I’m multitasking at the moment, I’m blogging and watching Scrubs on TV. It’s one of the best shows ever, and if you haven’t watched it yet, where have you been?!
- What are your essentials when travelling? I carry around a massive bag everywhere I go, so I’m prepared for everything! But I have to take my phone, a book, headphones, money, and plasters (because I’m clumsy).
- What job did you want when you were a little kid? I’ve always wanted to be a scientist, but around that I’ve wanted to be a: florist, author, lawyer, journalist, and a teacher.
- What is your most challenging goal now? To go to University and deal with it without freaking out!
- Name three things you can’t live without. My (boy)friends, my family, and my laptop 🙂
- What would you like to have in your hands right now? My boyfriend’s hands. I’ve had a bit of a sad day today, and I definitely wish he was here right now.
- What would you like to get rid of? Flies. There’s at least 6 flies in my room right now and it’s so annoying!
- What are you most excited for? University!! I start in two weeks!
- What is your favourite type of music? I listen to all sorts of music, it all depends on what mood I’m in. I love rock, pop, rap, classical, and indie music, it really does depend on how I’m feeling 🙂
- Which countries have you visited? I’ve been to: England (well, I live there but I think it counts!), Wales, Scotland, Egypt, Cyprus, France, Turkey, and Spain.
- What was the last movie you watched? I watched Warm Bodies with my brother and it was so good!! Best Zombie movie I’ve ever seen!
- What can you see out of the nearest window? I can see my front garden and the forest that’s literally 3ft away from my house, and I think I can see a deer but it might just be a cat.
- Scouting The Year Away
- Moon Kid 67
- Lyf With Em
- Girl Shadow
- Invisible Me
Thank you for reading!
I was nominated by two lovely bloggers: Ocean Of Fear and Miss Ky and if you haven’t already, go check out these awesome bloggers!
Here’s the rules:
- Thank the bloggers who nominated you. Thank you!!
- Put the logo in your post.
- Post 7 facts about yourself.
- I am currently watching Les Miserables. As we speak I am watching this for the first time, and it’s so good! So sad, but I really like it 🙂
- I’m starting University this September. I’m going to be studying Biomedical Science in London, and I feel so unprepared but so excited 🙂
- I have a suitcase called Linda. When I was about 10 years old I jokingly called my suitcase Linda and for the past 8 years my parents and brother have just referred to it as Linda. So this is a normal conversation in our house: “Have you got Linda down from the attic?” “Not yet, have you got the ribbon to tie around her so we don’t lose her at the airport?” “Ooh Linda’s a bit dusty isn’t she? We need to remember to get her down from the attic more often and air her out.” My family is weird!
- I volunteered for three years. When I was 14 I started volunteering for EACH which is a charity that helps terminally ill children. I worked in a giant factory sorting out donations and packing them into boxes, and you would not believe some of the weird things people donate! (No, we can’t make money off of a giant bag of odd socks!) I had to stop when I was 17 though because I couldn’t manage college, tutoring, work, and volunteering but I really miss it.
- I am first aid trained. I know CPR, and basic first aid, and I’ve looked after so many children that I can now handle pretty much every emergency! But seriously guys, if you don’t know CPR or basic first aid (like how to treat burns and tie bandages) then please either take a course, or even look it up online. These are basic skills that I’ve had to use several times, and knowing what to do in an emergency could save someone’s life.
- I have lots of pairs of freckles. Most of the freckles I have are in pairs, I have them on my cheek, my wrist, and my elbow and up my arms, but they’re almost always right next to another one which I find cute because I can make smiley faces out of them 🙂
- I love socks. I don’t understand why people hate getting socks as presents, I love it! If any of you meet me, bring me socks (preferably new ones :P) and we will be instant friends 🙂
- Nominate 15 other bloggers.
- As Told By Sean
- Sakara Dee
- New Romantics
- Alternative Sunny Days
- Lyf With Em
- Girl Shadow
- Germerican Girl
- Invisible Me
- Katie Bun
- Child Of Cynicism
- New Romantics
Thank you for reading!
I mentioned in my last post that I wanted to do a series where I rant about things, because my blog is much too positive as it is! Plus, who doesn’t love a good whine!
So, my first thing I’m going to moan about is the Universities in England. Now I was lucky and managed to get into University without any trouble. My boyfriend, on the other hand, did not. The school system is designed to make him fail! He’s dyslexic and autistic, yet he’s expected to get a grade C in English before any University will accept him. He has taken this English exam 3 times, and is taking it again, tomorrow. Each time he has been one or two marks off. How is this fair?
In England there’s a thing called “Clearing” where if Universities have spaces left you can apply for them, my boyfriend has tried this and each of them have said they can’t make a decision until he passes this exam. We’re stuck in a limbo. He gets more and more stressed about the exam each time, and this is it. Tomorrow is his last chance.
So Universities, if you’re reading this… Do something! I understand that having a good level of English helps you to do well in University, but come on, if you have places available and students who want to get in, what’s the problem?! My boyfriend got better college grades than we were expecting (equivalent to 3 A’s at A-level) and a B in Maths and you still can’t make an exception?! Ughhh!
Okay, I’m done. Have any of you had similar problems? Or have you had problems with your school? As ever, thanks for reading and please feel free to get in touch 🙂
Two years of my blood, sweat, and tears. Conveniently stored in a folder.
I am done. Two years of college are officially over. Now what? I always thought that after I finished college I’d feel like an adult, like I was completely prepared to move onto Uni and finally grow up. Truth is, I am so fucking scared. I am 17 for God’s sake, I have no idea about the world! What even are taxes?! I have been through 13 years of education and I can tell you all the elements in the Periodic Table, and recite the “To be or not to be…” quote from Hamlet off by heart, and don’t get me started on Pythagoras Theorem because I am an expert at that! Yet I don’t understand politics, or how to run a household, and I’ve never been taught how to write a CV/ resume. I guess what I’m trying to say is that the teenage generation is growing up completely unprepared for life. Yesterday I had to ask to go to the toilet, and now I’m expected to sort out my student finance, find a job, find somewhere to live, and be a fully functioning adult?! Yeah…no.Of course education is important, don’t get me wrong. But I think our system needs to change, otherwise we’re going to produce a generation who can recognise a metaphor but can’t pay the bills.