Before I start my award post, I’d like to address an incident that occurred a couple of days ago. Do you see the picture above? I had what WordPress called “A spike” and it’s all thanks to this wonderful man here. I wrote a post, inspired by a post he had previously written, and you can see my post here and this man posted it to his Facebook page which you can see here. Within hours my view counter shot up from about 100 views (which is roughly what I aim for each day) to 200, then to 300, and it didn’t stop! It felt amazing to know that not only was I spreading awareness of anxiety, but so many lovely people commented and messaged me saying they’re going through the same thing and to know that I’m not alone in this was wonderful. And since writing this, my post has been seen over 1200 times!! Thank you again Chris, and thank you to everyone who read my post!
Now onto another huge thank you…
Thank you to Brighton Bipolar for the Blogger Recognition Award!
Here’s the rules:
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you. Oh gosh, there are so many bloggers who have made me feel so welcome here and who inspire me but I’ve got to narrow it down to 15, so here goes…
- 21 And Sensory
- A Little Daydreamer
- Sophie Speaks Up
- Jasmine Honey Adams
- Three Hands One Heart
- Daydreamer 52
- Drifting Lexi
- A Teenage Diary Online
- Everything And Nothing
- The Crazy Perfectionist
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
How did my blog start?
My blog started because I was an invisible 17 year old girl. I had so many thoughts and opinions and ideas, but no one to listen to them. So I started talking to myself on here…And nothing happened. Nobody liked my posts or commented and felt so defeated, and then lightning struck! People started to listen to me and it was such an incredible feeling that since I started, my blog has been viewed nearly 7000 times! So thank you, you all truly do mean the world to me.
I’m still a complete newbie at this, I’ve only been blogging for 3 months! However, if I had to give some pieces of advice this would be it:
– Network. Go like, follow, and comment on amazing blogs! Not only will you get to read some interesting posts, you’ll be making fellow bloggers happy, and it’ll help bring people to your site if they see you as a genuinely supportive person.
– Write about what you love. We can tell if a blogger is passionate about what they write, and if you show emotion in your posts it just makes for a more interesting and engaging read.
– Don’t blog for fame. There are millions (possibly billions) of blogs out there. The chances your blog will give you any kind of fortune or fame is slim. Blog because it makes you happy, because it’s cheaper than a therapist, because you love to write, because you get to talk to amazing people, because you have a story that just has to be told.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created if you want.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night . That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
Thank you again for everything, you all mean so much to me 🙂