I know how nosey you lot are, so I thought you might like to know what presents I got for my 18th birthday. Strangely enough I didn’t get any alcohol! I did buy my first bottle of cider yesterday though and it felt so illegal, it was brilliant! Sorry, my presents are pretty boring because I’m a massive dork and my family are so boring too 😛
- Stationary. I got: paperclips, post-it-notes, a laptop screen wiper (in the shape of a dog), highlighters, a book stand, and a stapler. Now this might seem so boring to you but I love getting stationary, plus I’m going to University in September so I need all this stuff 🙂
- A new laptop. My old laptop is completely destroyed. The battery “is not detected” and if you accidentally wiggle the charger (which has to be connected at all times) it will shut down, the mouse pad doesn’t work, the majority of the keys don’t work properly and it freezes all the time. So yeah… I needed a new one! I got an Asus laptop, I’m not sure of that’s a good brand or not but it seems good. But my parents did trick me with this present! They put it in the box of an old computer monitor, so I was really polite and said I loved it. And then when I opened it, it was actually a brand new laptop! Sneaky parents 😛
- A gold watch and bracelet. This was from my boyfriend’s mum and it’s beautiful! I don’t have any jewelry so it’s nice to actually own something fancy!
- A glass with 18 on. I used this to drink my first legal alcoholic drink 🙂
- Printer. My nan got me this, and she wrapped it up in pretty silver wrapping paper and put a bow on it and I was so excited! So I was a little bit surprised when I opened it and saw a printer, but I needed a new one so I can’t complain!
- A magic 8 ball. This is a fabulous present from my boyfriend! He bought it as a joke but we spent an hour of my birthday just asking it random questions. Apparently I will be ruler of England one day, so just watch out for that 😛
- Books. My brother got me two books: I Was Here by Gayle Forman, and Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls by Lynn Weingarten. So I look forward to reading those 🙂 My boyfriend bought me two books too, the first one is The Science Book which is so cool! It explains scientific concepts in basic language, which I definitely need for University! And he got me a book called Stories In The Stars by Susanna Hislop which shows all the stories behind the constellations. I am in love with the stars, and it was so thoughtful of him – he actually remembered I have always wanted to have a book that shows all the different constellations 🙂
- A Star Projector. This is not pictured, but I have a good reason! This is basically a globe which projects the constellations on your ceiling and it’s one of my favourite presents. But what my boyfriend didn’t realise is that we had to build it, and DIY is definitely not our thing! So at the moment it’s half-built and sitting on my bookshelf in shame 😛
There we go, these are all the presents I got for my birthday 🙂 Thank you for reading, and thanks again to everyone who wished me a happy birthday!!