XL T-shirt, Size 12 jeans
*EDIT: BECAUSE OF TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES THE PICTURE WON’T SHOW UP, SORRY 😦
Because this t-shirt says I am. In this picture I am wearing size 12 jeans, and an XL T-shirt. I have two major issues with this:
- Women’s clothes sizes are not consistent! I can go into one shop and be a dress size 10, yet go into another shop and need an XL. How does that make sense?! I understand that some clothes will be slightly smaller or bigger due to fabrics and design but surely there cannot be that much difference! Yet my boyfriend can go into any shop around the UK and buy any Medium sized clothing and he’s fine. I found a website where you put in your measurements and it tells you what clothes size you are in a variety of shops. My sizes ranged from an 8-12. I then worked out what size I’d be in America and I’d be a size 6-10. So am I meant to try on each piece of clothing in 3 different sizes until I find the right one? This is why women spend so long buying clothes!!
- As a teenager I am so self-conscious of my body. A year ago I was wearing a size 16/18 and I couldn’t walk up a flight of stairs. But then I started taking care of myself a bit more, I started running and stopped eating takeaways 4 nights a week and I lost 2 stone. I love my body now and I’m so proud of myself. I am now a healthy weight for my height and age, and I’m happy too 🙂 But it’s a massive blow when you walk into a shop as a healthy teenage girl, and then have to buy the biggest size they have. How can we encourage young girls to be happy and healthy when we say their healthy body is too big? I honestly felt so fat when I bought this, and I came home and sat down and cried. How pathetic is that? But it felt like I was back being size 18 when people used to stare and point and laugh. I worked so hard to eat better and move more so I could take care of myself and this knocked my confidence massively. No wonder so many teenagers have eating disorders, they have such an unrealistic view of what their body should look like and that’s not okay. I’m not calling for mass uproar but I am so angry that one of my favourite clothing companies (David And Goliath) would promote an unhealthy body image.
I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic, and if any of you reading this have had the same problem I’d love to hear that I’m not the only one! After this I’m also planning on writing a post about tips to get a healthy body, would anyone be interested in that or does anyone have any tips for me? Thank you! And even though I’ve just had a massive rant I love this T-shirt (and it glows in the dark!!)
International conversion rates- I’m typically UK size 12
I want to say a huge thank you to Ashish Kumar for nominating me for this award!!
Here’s the rules…
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you for the award. Thank you so much, you’re awesome!
- List the Rules and Display the Brotherhood of the world Award logo to your post and/or blog.
- Answer the questions set to you.
- What kind of person you are. Introvert,extrovert or ambivert? I am such an introvert! I like my room and I like to stay there 😛
- Who is your source of inspiration? I get inspiration from everyone around me, but I think my parents and my boyfriend are my main sources of inspiration. My parents have four jobs between them, yet they still find time to spend with me and my brother. They’ve taught me to work hard, and to repsect people and I couldn’t ask for better role models. My boyfriend and I have been through a lot, a lot more than any teenager should go through. Yet he’s still such a strong and truly happy person and I love him for always being there for me (sorry this is so cheesy!).
- The most happiest moment of your life. I have had so many “perfect” moments but these are my top two that I can remember. The first day I met my boyfriend, it was just so perfect and I knew that I wanted to get to know him better. He walked me to my dad’s car and as we drove home the sun was setting and my favourite song was playing. My second was getting my scholarship into university. I don’t come from a wealthy family so I would have had to get a job during university, but now I can focus on getting the top grades and I am so proud of myself!
- What legacy would you like to leave? I want people to remember me as being happy and good. I try to make people smile, and to help as many people as possible and I would love to be remembered for this.
- What is your most beautiful imagination so far? This is a tough question, and I’m not really sure how to answer it. I have beautiful thoughts about everything, and I see the world in the most beautiful way 🙂
- What is your favourite quote? I’m a big quote lover so this is one of my favourites: “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever” – Winnie The Pooh. I think this quote is so cute, and even though everyone reading this has lost someone they love as long as we think of them and remember our love for them they’re never gone.
- What are your hobbies other than blogging? There’s a world outside blogging?! But seriously I love running (although I am incredibly slow), and I enjoy reading, and rollerskating has always been something I’ve loved 🙂
- Nominate around ten other bloggers and let them know about the award. Since the majority of people I nominate for awards are female, and since this is the “Brotherhood” Award I’m going to nominate male bloggers for this award.
- Stuff Things And Opinions
- Matthew Tome
- Redefining Random
- Guarav Chaplot
- Create your set of questions for your nominees.
- What makes you smile, no matter what?
- Do you have any nicknames, and if you do how did you get them?
- How was your day today?
- What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?
- What sounds can you hear right now?
- What is the best compliment you’ve ever got?
- What’s your favourite song?
Thank you again for the nomination, and thank you for reading!