*DISCLAIMER: I have already posted this once but since then I have been nominated twice more, so I’m posting this again so I can show off my amazing readers who nominated me!
Wow, I am seriously so taken back right now! My second award in two days, and I owe it all to Desire To Express for nominating me! *EDIT: I’ve also been nominated by Dear Life so THANK YOU!! *EDIT 2: I have also been nominated by Sweetheart so a MASSIVE thank you to her too! Let’s do this 🙂
- Thank the person who nominated you. THANK YOU!! You are amazing 🙂
- Add the logo to your post. Here we go…
- Nominate 10 bloggers that inspire you. I am following so many inspirational bloggers, but these are a few of my favourites:
- A Girl With ADHD
- Four Camels And A Coffee To Go
- Just Call Me Elm Or Something…
- Everything And Nothing
- Paradoxical Sadness
- My Journey To Recovery1
- I Am Odd
- My Crazy Path
- A History Addict
- Answer the following questions:
- In your personal life, which person inspires you the most? I would have to say my boyfriend (I know it’s soppy!) because he has had to go through so much and he still stays strong. The way he sees the World is amazing. In his mind he doesn’t deserve anything, and everything he does have he is so grateful for and I don’t think there is a person that is as selfless and completely loving as he is. Okay, I’m done!
- Who is your role model? My main role models are, of course, my parents who have four jobs between them but still find time to have fun with my brother and I. Like yesterday when my dad came downstairs in the morning and exclaimed “I want to burn stuff!”. So we went out and bought a wood burner and spent the rest of the day burning stuff we found in our garage 🙂 Plus they both threat us like adults, even when we were really young, and I think that makes me respect them more because I know they respect me. I also have two other role models: Stephen Hawking and Steven Frayne (Magician Dynamo). I love science and Stephen Hawking is amazing, and my biggest dream is to be as respected as he is in science. Then Steven Frayne is incredible in a completely different way, my brain works so logically and I love it when this is challenged! He is also so humble and modest and charitable, which I respect too.
- Do you make efforts to make others feel emotionally and mentally stronger? For example- to boost their confidence,or to give them suggestions or to help them the best you can? I hope so! I have met some pretty evil people in my life, and I’ve seen some awful things happen to people. So I try my best to outweigh that, and although I know I can’t bring happiness to everyone I try to make people smile as much as I can because everyone deserves to be happy.
- Which sound do you hear this current moment? I am currently being serenaded by Nina Nesbitt songs 🙂
- Which is the best quote for you? “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its tree-climbing abilities it will live its whole live believing it is stupid” – Albert Einstein. I think this pretty much sums up the World. The education system is designed so that if you are good at remembering facts you will be successful in life, but if you are gifted in other ways well, you can forget going to University. I also think we judge each other on whether we fit in with the ‘normal’ expectations- get good grades, go to University and get good grades, get married, get a house. have kids. And if you stray from this at all you are a disgrace. So I think we should embrace the fact that everyone is a genius is their own way 🙂
And there we go 🙂 Thanks again for the nomination! And I can’t wait to see the answers from my nominations, and even if you weren’t nominated you’re awesome 🙂
DISCLAIMER: I’ve already published this once, but thanks to my amazing followers I’ve been nominated twice more so I thought I’d better post this again to show off my amazing readers!
Firstly, a MASSIVE thank you to A Girl With ADHD who nominated me, and if you haven’t checked her blog out yet you really should because she’s amazing! *EDIT: I’ve just discovered I’ve also been nominated by Everything And Nothing so a MASSIVE thank you to her too! *EDIT 2: Another MASSIVE thank you to Paradoxical Sadness for the nomination! I love you guys so much 🙂 This is my first award so I’m ridiculously excited! So here we go…
- Thank the person who nominated you. Oops, I got a bit carried away in my introduction and already covered this one. But oh well, I’m sure she wouldn’t object to two thank you’s. So, thank you Ellie! And thank you Everything And Nothing!
- Put the award logo on your site. There you go…
One logo, as requested.
- Nominate seven blogs. Oooh, this is going to be tough! I love so many blogs on this site! But these are a few of my favourites…
- The Crazy Perfectionist
- It’s My Teenage Life
- Alaska Wild
- My Personal Teen Life
- Cloud Busting
- Sleepless in Steveston
- My Irrelevant Thoughts
- In one word how would you like your readers to describe your blog? Fantabulous. Need I say more 😉
- Which is your most favourite post among your blog posts and why? I think it would have to be Let’s Talk About Autism. This is the post that had the most passion behind it, and I think that shows! It’s the post I’m most proud of because I think it helps show people that there is still discrimination against those with learning difficulties and that shouldn’t happen.
- What, or who, inspires most of your blog posts? Usually my posts are just about things that I’m angry about, so sorry guys for moaning way too much! But a lot of my posts happen to be about my boyfriend, and I guess he is probably one of the most inspirational people in my life (don’t tell him that though, he’ll never let me forget!).
- What do you aspire to accomplish this year? This year is going to be one of the most important years of my life! I’ll be turning 18 and moving to London to start University, so I think my main goal is to do this without falling apart!
- What do you aspire to learn this year? This question has two answers. I want to learn more about the human body, how and why we function the way we do, and how I can help when the body doesn’t work the way it should (for those of you who don’t know, I’m studying biomedical science at Uni so I’m super nerdy sorry). But I also want to learn about myself, about who I am when I have to live independently.
- What is your most favourite book and why? No. I can’t. This is like a mother choosing her favourite child! I have always loved reading and have read everything from Harry Potter, to Dracula, to The Fault in Our Stars and they’ve all effected me in one way or another. If you want more information on the books I like you can check out this post!
- What’s the most courageous thing you’ve done? Hmm, this is a tough. Does it count that I’m a sister? I’d do anything for my brother, and that means sometimes I’ve had to be brave. Like when he had a nose bleed and kept being sick, I dealt with it. When he thought he heard a noise downstairs, I investigated. And I can’t forget that time when he was 6 and kicked a football through our shed window. That was the first (and pretty much only) time I’d ever lied to my parents when I said the wind did it. Yeah right! They knew, and I knew they knew but I wasn’t about to let him get in trouble. Of course we argue, but being an older sister means I will protect that boy with my life and God help the person who tries to hurt him!
- Who is your female role model? I’ve just realised that two of my biggest role models (Stephen Hawkings and Steven Frayne) are guys. So, I’m going to talk about my top role model…my mum. Sorry that’s so cliche, but it’s true! She works two jobs, as does my dad, so we don’t get a lot of time together but if I need help or if I just want to talk she’s always there for me. And she also fuels my weirdness! Never has she dismissed a question I’ve asked as stupid, and we’ve had so many in-depth discussions about random things. I wouldn’t change her for the world, love ya mum!
And there we go. Thank you for reading and thank you Ellie (that’s the third thank you, I hope you’re getting the message :P) for giving me my first award! And I can’t wait to see the posts from my nominations 🙂
I saw this on this blog and thought it was a cool idea! Basically I’m going to go through the alphabet and see the Google searches I most recently made for that letter. Hopefully the results are not too weird! So for all you nosey lot, here we go…
- Average waiting time for nhs physiotherapy. Okay this one isn’t too bad so we’re off to a good start! Basically I’ve got ‘inflamed’ nerves in my back and need physiotherapy, so I googled how long it was going to take and it said months! So I rung up my doctor and she said I probably won’t even get it this year. So that’s fun 🙂
- Best TED talks. I am a MASSIVE fan of TED talks and I must have watched thousands of them so I was just looking for new ones. And if you really want to know, this is my favourite one and seriously just watch it!
- Chug. Okay we might be getting into the weird stuff now. A chug is a mixture of a chihuahua and a pug. I was tutoring and my student was talking about wanting to get a chug, so of course I had to google this majestic creature.
This is a Chug.
- Drops mic. I don’t remember googling this, but okay.
- Everybody is a genius. I was nominated for the “Very Inspirational Blogger Award” and I just wanted to double check who said my favourite quote. Sorry, that’s not very interesting 😛
- Funko pop uk. I was tutoring and went to get him a drink, and this is what he searched. Basically they’re little figures like this…
- Giant squid. I have no idea why I googled this, I think it was during a tutoring lesson (I’m noticing that a lot of my weird searches happen when I’m supposed to be educating the future generation, oops).
- How much are taxis. Yeah this is me trying to internet search my way to being an adult. I realised that I need to book a taxi, but I have no idea how much they cost! I am such a tight ass so if something is within an hour walk I will walk, so I’ve never needed to get a taxi.
- I’m a bus gif. Because I am immature I found this hilarious! For those of you who haven’t seen it, here we go (but just a warning for younger viewers it does have a mildly naughty word).
- Jigsaw. This was a big mistake! I was helping my student with his DT Homework where he had to find a picture of a jigsaw. If I give you readers one piece of advice, let it be this: Do not google image search ‘jigsaw’. Expectation vs reality:
- Kerplunk. I was having an argument with my family over how Kerplunk was spelt, I was right of course 😛
- Lies. This isn’t as sinister as it sounds! I was looking for the book cover of Lies by Michael Grant for a post I did a little while ago.
- Money wasted by government. I was having an argument with my parents because I was complaining the government need to spend more money on the NHS (specifically physiotherapy) and he said they’ve got other important stuff to spend money on. So I did a bit of googling and it turns out the government have no idea how to budget, for example they spent £7.2 million on a mobile mine detection system that didn’t work. Genius!
- Nina Nesbitt. This girl is an amazing singer 🙂
- Owl City. Again, I love the songs by this guy 🙂
- Photoshop of megalodon. This search was also carried out during one of my lessons! I can’t really remember how we got onto the conversation of giant sharks, but we did. OMG wait I remember! It was when we were talking about giant squids!
- Quiverfull. Ugh. Read my previous post and you’ll understand!
- Rox. I was playing Scrabble and nobody believed me that this was a word. It wasn’t. 😥
- Spy glasses. I want some spy glasses. I think I would be an excellent undercover agent 😛
- Tourne definition. I have no idea what this is. I just googled it again and it means ‘turn’ in French. I have no idea why I googled this?! Unless one of my family stole my laptop to google French words? Hmmmm…
- Unicorn onesie. I want a Unicorn onesie so bad!! (*hint, hint* if anyone wants to send me one :P)
- Very inspiring blogger award. I was looking for the logo 🙂
- Why are photography needed in criminal investigate. Oh this was for my last college assignment. Can you feel the desperation?! This is what college does to you!!!
- X-rays. My mum needs to get an x-ray so I feel like I should be educated on the subject, because I know she’ll ask me loads of questions about it and I have to maintain my reputation as a genius 😛
- YouTube. Of course.
- Zedonk. My brother mentioned this, and I had to google it. So I’ll leave you with the happy thought that this things is gracing our planet!
So there we go, and if you want to give it a try, go for it!